Inside Sales Specialist – San Diego
Apply through the Career Website. Search Job Number 20-53501
PXiSE seeks an entrepreneurial inside sales Specialist with business development experience in the utilities and/or renewable energy sector. The ideal candidate is eager to grow their career and develop an in-depth understanding of software solutions for the 21st century grid.
The PXiSE Inside Sales Specialist is responsible for working across a matrixed organization to create compelling presentations, proposals, and client demos. The Inside Sales Specialist will support profitable sales in a B2B market and must be comfortable breaking down complex documents into digestible parts, setting clear deadlines, organizing and improving processes, leading meetings, and organizing teams to complete deliverables on demanding timelines.
The Inside Sales Specialist will be responsible for seeking, assessing, scoring, and presenting sales opportunities to senior leaders both internally and externally. They are also responsible for proposal development, writing, and execution for multi-million dollar projects. This includes understanding project scope and supporting pricing effots.
The successful candidate can speak to utility challenges and can navigate the buyers’ decision-making process within a utility. The Inside Sales Specialist must also be a critical listener who creates new opportunities and fosters long-term engagements with partners, vendors, and customers.
The Inside Sales Specialist must be highly organized with a strong track record of exceeding customer expectations. This person will report to the Sales Manager and will be tasked with enhancing sales processes and winning deals to support company growth and improve efficiency. The ideal candidate will be an experienced professional with a passion for creative problem solving in a startup environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships. Nurture relationships for key sales accounts. Leverage existing accounts for referrals and development at new clients. Tracks account information, contacts, status of proposals, and account notes in the PXiSE CRM.
- Support sales operations by leading the formulation of responses to customer Requests for Information (RFI) and Requests for Proposal (RFP). Coordinate across PXiSE to bring in appropriate reasources to deliver high-quality proposals. Support the writing, organization, editing, and deliverable of proposals, presentations, and demosthat lead to profitable, contracted projects.
- Work collaboratively with channel partners to ensure alignment of goals, successful deals, and implementation of contracts/agreements including but not limited to co-sales arrangements and licensing. Collaborate with marketing to execute lead generation and follow-up. Partner closely with engineering leads to create an effective technical sales process. Provide feedback on lessons learned from customer interactions to inform market development strategies.
- Perform high-level demonstrations of PXiSE functionality to educate general market. Colaborate with marketing to generate outside sales collateral/materials.
- Attend and/or participate at industry conventions, conferences, and tradeshows, conference sales plans and providing post-event reports and follow-up.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- 3+ professional experience directly related to technical energy product/project sales, account management, proposal development, and/or project management is required
- Energy industry experience is preferred
- Veterans are also encouraged to apply with service experience substituted for some years of work experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a high level of emotional intelligence. Must have editing experience. Writing samples are required.
- Strong project management skills, breaking down complex projects into clear milestones. Reliably executes to meet customer timelines.
- Analytic and creative thinker with a self-starter attitude and desire to build and grow a sales portfolio.
- Regularly monitors and reports on sales performance using a CRM (Dynamics 365) and other tools.
- Ability to manage a full sales process including scope development, technical solution ideation, pricing, proposal writing and execution, deal negotiation, and contracting.
- Outstanding cross-functional (sales, finance, engineering, project management, legal) communication skills with the proven ability to align internal and external stakeholders.
- Must able to present themselves and PXiSE in a professional and positive way, be technically astute, and work well in a team/collaborative environment.
- Outstanding problem-solving ability. Quickly perceives underlying problems and their causes. Develops insights on the key drivers, risks, and interdependencies involved in a business opportunity.
- Ability to analyze and understand complex situations and develop, recommend, and implement effective solutions.
- Domestic and international travel of up to 10%.