Senior Marketing Manager – San Diego
Apply through the Career Website. Search Job Number 20-55355
Own and lead marketing, brand, and customer acquisition strategies to grow an industry-leading grid controls technology
company with the mission to build a renewable, resilient electric grid. The Sr Marketing Manager will report to the Head of
Commercial Development and work across the complete PXiSE team to develop customer insights, manage support consultants
in PR and design, and create the resources and strategies our team needs to scale.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced professional with a passion for creative problem solving in a startup environment.
Experience in the electric industry, cleantech, software, and related technical fields are a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete ownership of B2B strategic marketing including developing annual plans with quarterly wins, building industry awareness, supporting demand generation, and pipeline acceleration, and promoting thought leadership. Work closely with senior leadership, creative and content teams, and partners to create effective and efficient marketing strategies focused on growing the customer pipeline. Create and deliver impactful campaigns across our website, event presence, social media, and partner network.
- Spearhead the development and execution of marketing campaigns including targeted marketing and customer segmentation and design and execution of tracking, analysis, and findings to inform sales, marketing, and business development strategy. Collaborate with the Commercial and Products Teams to uncover customer insights and inform industry thought leaders.
- Assist with the development of marketing standards and operations to set the organization up for long-term, scalable success. Support the growth of the marketing department by consistently identifying revenue opportunities within our established client base and managing consistent growth by securing new accounts.
- Identify short-term and long-term scheduling, budget, and resource needs. Manage contractors and oversee the development and execution of contracts.
- Attend and/or participate at conventions, conferences, and tradeshows, preparing engaging displays and collateral as needed, and providing post-event reports, analysis and follow-up.
- Author copy as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- An MBA with a concentration in Marketing may take the place of some work experience.
- 6-8 years minimum of professional experience directly related to assisting in the development and execution of marketing strategies and tactics in a mid to senior-level marketing position.
- 2-4 years minimum of staff management experience, ideally including management of staff located in remote location(s).
- Electric industry, renewable energy, software, and new technology marketing experience are a plus.
- Direct experience analyzing and reporting on marketing metrics and/or manipulating a contact management database.
Skills and Abilities
- Analytic and creative thinker, innovative, with a vision of the future of the company that is planned, strategized, and executed.
- Ability to design, manage, and lead marketing initiatives to drive sales growth.
- Able to quickly understand and characterize key forces at work in PXiSE’s current and prospective markets, including customers’ needs analysis, competitive dynamics, and regulatory considerations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with partners and consultants. Able to develop and maintain credibility throughout the organization and with external partners, prospects, and clients. Comfortable and persuasive in dealing with executive-level management.
- Expertise in digital and print marketing, content marketing, customer analytics, and social media marketing.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to inspire people to action through influence. Performs well in a team environment. Experience navigating through complex and large organizations to effectively collaborate with other departments and resources.
- Outstanding problem-solving ability. Quickly perceives underlying problems and their causes. Develops insights on the key drivers, risks, and interdependencies involved in a business opportunity. Ability to analyze and understand complex situations and develop, recommend, and implement effective solutions.
- Regularly monitors and reports on marketing performance using Google Analytics, Dynamics 365, and other data sources.
- Provides excellent project management support to ensure the timely execution of deliverables with appropriate internal and external reviews and collaboration across teams.
- Outstanding cross-functional communication skills with the proven ability to align internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to understand technical details as well as provide a broad vision.
- Collaborative team player.
- Domestic and international travel of up to 20%.