Finance & Corporate Development Advisor
You can apply through the Sempra LNG Career Website. You will need to search job number 20-57226
PXiSE seeks an entrepreneurial professional with finance and corporate development experience. The ideal candidate is eager to grow their career and develop an in-depth understanding of software solutions for the 21st century grid.
The PXiSE Finance & Corporate Development Advisor is responsible for working across a matrixed organization to create compelling presentations, proposals, and thorough financial and economic models. This person will report to the Head of Finance & Corporate Development and will be tasked with enhancing financial planning and reporting processes, influencing corporate strategy, and working collaboratively with PXiSE management and Board to define and execute financing strategy to secure necessary capital to grow the business.
The Finance & Corporate Development Advisor will support successful execution of financial and business plans and must be comfortable breaking down complex documents and models into digestible parts, setting clear deadlines, organizing and improving processes, leading meetings, and organizing teams to complete deliverables on demanding timelines. The ideal candidate will be an experienced professional with a passion for creative problem solving in a startup environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Finance Operations: Key contributor to corporate finance functions including planning & analysis, treasury, cash management, and accounting and controls. Develop three-statement financials, pro formas, and valuation analyses reflecting diverse business plans, operational plans, and market development possibilities. Review monthly actual results and ensure accurate financial reporting. Proactively work with internal accounting group and PXiSE team members to ensure GAAP compliance. Prepare actual vs. plan reports, analyze variances, and share results with senior mangement. Help develop and implement improved financial reporting processes to increase organizational efficiency and ensure relevant, timely financial and operational information is presented to senior mangement to influence improved business decision making.
- Strategic Investor and Partnership Support: Support new business and financing opportunities by using quantitative skills, developing presentation material by combining industry, product, and business plan knowledge with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Participate in externally facing efforts to identify and target new partnership opportunities. Support management in defining term sheet terms and contract negotiations.
- Market Research, Competitive, and Strategic Analysis: Follow market, technology, and policy trends to inform business direction. Develop thorough techno-economic analysis of PXiSE product offerings and customer use cases to ensure successful financial outcomes achieved with clients. Support the identification of market and competitive analyses, continually analyze information requests, and provide support to management in the development of market analysis materials.
- Price Strategy: Influence price strategy and manage the successful execution of the strategy across PXiSE product offerings. Develop price models consistent with organization financial goals, competitive position, market conditions, customer buying preferences, and overall solution design.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree Finance, Economics, or Business Administration. Required
- 5+ years in similar role with key experience in corporate development and/or strategy. Required
- Prior experience in the electric industry, industry make-up, gridedge value chain, political landscape, and competitive marketplace. Preferred
- Prior experience working in a start-up environment. Preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to handle multiple activities/projects and deadlines.
- Ability to articulate concepts and write well-formed documents and clear presentation decks.
- Reasoning ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, supply decision rationale, and draw valid conclusions.
- Knowledge of finance, economic and accounting principles and practices,
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with co-workers, subordinates, and management.
- Knowledge and use of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in financial and economic modeling
Area of Interest