Senior Sales Manager – San Diego
Apply through the Career Website. Search Job Number 20-56740
PXiSE seeks an entrepreneurial Head of Sales, North America with a track record of successful utility sales. Experience in advanced controls, energy storage, and/or renewable energy sectors is required. The ideal candidate is eager to grow their career and develop an in-depth understanding of software solutions for the 21st century grid.
The PXiSE Head of Sales, North America develops and owns industry relationships and is responsible for driving profitable sales in a B2B market with a focus on utility companies in North America. The Head of Sales, North America will be responsible for selling PXiSE software solutions that support utility integration of distributed energy resources and is responsible for client identification, solution development, proposal execution, deal negotiation, and contract support.
The successful candidate can speak to utility challenges and concerns and can identify the buyers’ journey and decision-making process within a utility. The Head of Sales, North America must also be a critical listener who creates new opportunities and fosters long-term engagements with customers.
The Head of Sales, North America must be highly organized with a strong track record of exceeding sales targets in the utility, power sector or renewable energy industries. This person will report to the Head of Commercial Development and will be tasked with improving sales processes and winning deals to support company growth. The ideal candidate will be an experienced
professional with a passion for creative problem solving in a startup environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement strategic B2B sales programs to build a pipeline of customers. Head the development of the sales process flow aligned with the customer’s sales cycle. Work closely with senior leadership, marketing and technical teams, and distribution partners, to create effective and efficient sales strategies the lead to profitable deals.
- Own relationship management and development for key sales accounts. Proactively identify customers and work closely with them to determine requirements, demo solutions, and promote the value of PXiSE. Partner with customers to understand customer pain points and operating objectives. Utilize engineering background to effectively communicate with technical clients and identify worthy opportunities. Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships.
- Lead the development of proposals, demonstrations, and presentations to secure new business. This includes writing RFP/RFQ responses and well as direct sales proposals. Coordinate across PXiSE to bring in appropriate resources to deliver high-quality proposals that lead to new projects.
- Attend and/or participate at conventions, conferences, and tradeshows, preparing conference sales plans and providing post-event reports and follow-up.
- Forecast and measure market potential as well as project pipelines for regions and territories. Analyze and synthesize trends, including competitive, market, and regulatory/compliance. Log and communicate pipeline updates proactively.
- Collaborate with marketing to develop lead generation plans and sales materials. Partner closely with engineering leads to create an effective technical sales process. Provide feedback on lessons learned from customer interactions to inform market development strategies.
- Champion and communicate partner and client needs throughout the entire organization. Work collaboratively with channel partners to ensure alignment of goals and successful deals.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Bachelor’s Degree Engineering or related field. Required
- Master’s Degree An MBA or other relevant advanced field. Preferred
- 10+ Prior senior level experience in utility sales or account management. Required
- Experience navigating through complex and large organizations to effectively collaborate with other departments and resources. Required
Skills and Abilities
- Analytic and creative thinker with a self-starter attitude and desire to accelerate sales execution and increase pipeline development. Advanced
- Ability to manage a full sales process including customer identification and development, technical solution ideation, proposal execution, deal negotiation, and contracting. Advanced
- Able to quickly understand and characterize key forces at work in PXiSE’s current and prospective markets, including customers’ needs analysis, competitive dynamics, and regulatory considerations. Advanced
- Outstanding cross-functional communication skills with the proven ability to align internal and external stakeholders using influence Advanced
- Must be able to present themselves and PXiSE in a professional and positive way, be technically astute, and work well in a team/collaborative environment. Advanced
- Outstanding problem-solving ability. Quickly perceives underlying problems and their causes. Develops insights on the key drivers, risks, and interdependencies involved in a business opportunity. Ability to analyze and understand complex situations and develop, recommend, and implement effective solutions. Advanced
- Proactively tracks and monitors sales performance using Dynamics 365 and other CRM tools. Expands CRM usage and improves best practices across the PXiSE team. Advanced
- Ability to negotiate complex contractual agreements and pricing models. Proven track record of sales development with success navigating B2B and utility sales. Advanced
- Deep understanding of the energy sector including various business models, players, and trends with specific expertise in distributed energy resources, resilience, and energy security. Advanced
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Comfortable and persuasive in dealing with executive-level management. Has a high level of emotional intelligence. Advanced
- Excellent project management skills. Breaks down complex projects into clear milestones. Reliably executes to meet project timelines. Advanced
- Partners with matrixed teams to engage their support in solution development, technical scopes of work, and other sales activities related to engineering/design and procurement. Ensures the efficient use of technical resources. Advanced
- Existing relationships with utility clients, developers, and EPCs.